The Prayer of Success
Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, saying, “I gave birth to him in pain.” 10 Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted his request.” 1 Chronicles 4:9-10 (NIV)
1. What is a uncommond prayer God has answered?
2. "God wants you to succeed, but He wants you to succeed the right way and at the right things” What does it look like for God to be the foundation of your success?
3. Pastor mentioned a few things God says about money that many who are not financially successful aren't doing: work hard for your money, don't get in debt, don't cheat, don't co-sign for anyone and be generous. Can you think of anyothers?
4. “If your prayers don’t scare you, they’re too small.” What bold prayer are you asking God for?
5. The 3 elements of success are: doing the right thing, having the right foundation and being the right person. Which one do you need to work on? What is keeping you from victory in that element?